Navigation Bar

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Updated, dated light!

Here is a pic of the lovely light that was in our diningroom when we purchased our latest house.  Keep in mind, the house was built in 2000 and this is the light that the original owners actually chose to install at that time.


Not the best pic.  She actually sparkles a whole lot better in real life.

Here is what the room looked like when we purchase the house.


But, the best news is that they didn't just want the diningroom to have all the lighting fun, so they added her match to the front entrance.


Yep, that's her shiny plastic twin sister, except she's bigger!!!  And since the owners loved them so much, they must have decided that dusting them would have ruined their image.


                                          


So, I decided that this diningroom light had to go.  So this is what I came up with:



I hope everyone agrees that it is much more pleasant and up to date than that original plastic thingy!

I'll show you how I did it in my next blog.

P.S.  I haven't done anything with the one in the front entrance.  I don't think they make drum shades to cover that thing.


1 comment: